Your journey to addiction recovery doesn’t end when you leave a treatment program. Beyond getting clean and sober, recovery means learning how to stay clean and sober, learning to live differently and improving the quality of your life—abstaining from alcohol or other drug use, changing your mindset and behaviors, restoring your health, building healthy relationships and a new social life, and strengthening your support network.
Living a sober lifestyle is a lifelong commitment. It takes courage, patience and practice as you navigate your new sober life—especially on those days when everything seems like an uphill climb. It’s important to have a supportive team around you to help you through the challenges of early recovery, strengthen you during those inevitable tough days, and celebrate your hard-won recovery milestones.
Thankfully, you don’t have to make your recovery journey alone. U-Turn offers you hope, guidance and encouragement—every step of the way.
Resources and Services We Provide
- Confidential peer support
- Information on addiction, treatment and recovery
- Referrals to treatment centers and mental health services
- Advocacy on your behalf
- Recovery workshops and presentations
- 12-step study program
- Weekly 12-step support group meetings
- Social groups – Fun, clean and sober activities that help support an addiction-free lifestyle
- Tea, coffee, and refreshments
- Basic personal care items
- Computer and internet access, books, painting, TV and DVD player, and movies
“Great group of people who will come alongside you, support you, and love you for who you are! Everyone needs to stop in at LEAST once!” — Hannah
At the U-Turn Centre, you will be warmly welcomed, and treated with respect. U-Turn is a safe and supportive place where you can:
- talk about your experience and the struggles you face.
- meet people who are facing similar struggles.
- receive confidential and non-judgemental support.
- get answers to your questions.
- find ways to cope and resolve problems.
- build your confidence.
- learn about addiction recovery.
- receive and share hope, encouragement and inspiration for your ongoing journey of sober living.
- make new friends and be part of a community that will support you.
U-Turn is a very friendly place where no one passes judgment on others. I finally feel I’m not alone and that I belong. I met a couple of people who helped me out with some of my problems and who advocated for me on my behalf. I don’t know where I would be without the U-Turn Centre. — Cindy
We meet you wherever you are in your recovery—whether you are new to this journey or are months or years in and need some additional support. Through individual and group support, educational and clean/sober activities, you can begin healing and move forward toward a healthy, addiction-free life.
Drop in for a coffee and a friendly chat or to talk privately with one of our peer supporters. Find out how we can support your recovery.